Many of us have modest kitchens or lack the fancy cooking gear that most recipes often call for. If you’re in the mood to whip up a delicious baked dessert for yourself but are pressed for time, lack a proper oven or both! Then we are here to provide you with a simple solution. For our top 3 best microwave dessert recipes, all you’ll need is a microwave oven, a few ingredients, a baking dish or an over-sized mug and just a few minutes to put together a tasty treat.
Top 3 Best Microwave Dessert Recipes
2-Minute Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Do you want to create a quick and easy chocolaty treat for yourself in just a few minutes? Then, this 2-minute chocolate mug cake is exactly what you need.
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (All-purpose flour is different from other kinds of flour because it contains a higher percentage of gluten, which makes cakes tender.)
- 2 tbs cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbs milk
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 tbs water
- First of all, get yourself an over-sized microwave-safe mug or bowl and combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Add milk, water, canola oil and vanilla extract into the dry mixture.
- Cook in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes; then top it with whipped cream or a dollop of ice-cream and viola! Your instant cake is ready.
- Don’t be afraid to switch things up. You can add cinnamon powder or chocolate chips to upgrade your cake!
- Don’t fill the mug or bowl to the brim with your mixture, as it may spill over and create a mess.
5-Minute Microwave Apple Cinnamon Crumble
This apple cinnamon crumble is the fix you need on a cold winter’s eve. The cinnamon and nutmeg spiced treat will leave a lasting smile on your face. Create this easy crumble in a microwave with our simple recipe. For this one, you’ll need to use a baking dish that’s deep enough to contain the ingredients.
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs oats
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 medium-sized apple cut into a quarter inch cubes
- 1 tbs white sugar
- 2 tbs brown sugar ½ tablespoon unsalted butter (or vegan butter substitute)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, you can start off with preparing the crumble. In a bowl, combine all ingredients mentioned for the crumble. Use a fork to stir until crumbs begin to form and then leave it aside.
- Now, move on to the apple base; grab a medium-sized, relatively deep, microwave-safe dish and add your diced apples; then cover it with a layer of softened butter. Cook for a minute on high heat to further melt the butter and soften the apples.
- Take the dish containing your apple base out and incorporate cornstarch, cinnamon powder, a pinch of salt and remaining sugars then stir. Add your crumble layer on top and insert back into the microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes on high heat. Check the texture of the apples and once you’re satisfied, serve and enjoy.
- You can add in a few more elements and customize it to your preference. Add in nuts, berries and raisins to your crumble for more texture and flavor.
- To melt the butter, place it in a dish in the microwave. On high heat, let it sit for 30 seconds. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn and splatter.
8-Minute Microwave Lemon Pudding
Are you in the mood for something creamy, zesty, sweet and fun to make? This simple microwave lemon pudding is just what the doctor ordered and will give you four servings.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 70 g melted butter (cooled)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 tbs of lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Grease a 2.5 inch deep and 8 x 4-inch wide microwave-safe dish.
- Add ½ cup sugar and all of your flour into a bowl and mix. Make a crater in the center of this mixture; then add a lightly beaten egg, butter, milk, lemon zest and ¼ cup of lemon juice. Whisk the mixture and transfer it into the dish you prepped earlier.
- Add the remaining sugar and lemon juice in a jug with ½ cup of boiling water. Stir and then pour evenly onto the batter.
- Put your dish in the microwave, crank up the heat and let it cook for 8 minutes. Use a skewer to poke into the dessert to check if it comes out clean, if it does, then your dish is ready. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top or add a dollop of cream and dig in.
- Take a microwave-safe plate, place it upside down in the microwave and place your dish on top of it. This will ensure even heat distribution and get you way better results.
Satisfy your winter cravings with our easy-as-pie top 3 best microwave dessert recipes and make these treats for some friends too. If you’d rather try desserts at a restaurant near you, then book your table with dinepartner.com and have a great time dining out. If you’re interested in the capital city’s food scene, you can also check out our post on the top 10 best bakeries in Islamabad.